|Title||Technical EDI Healthcare Systems Analyst|
The EDI Lead Systems Analyst provides systems analysis guidance and consultation on the most complex systems. Leads or participates in the analysis of existing business rules, processes, and systems to recommend process and system enhancements to improve business performance and maximize the effectiveness of available technology.
Primary role and responsibility is to be the Subject Matter Expert on EDI, Electronic Data Interchange, for the company. Experience with X12 Standards, particularly X12 Companion Guide and X12 transactions sets would be the secondary skill to have. And, lastly experience with Tibco would be a great bonus.
Other responsibilities include: Acting as a liaison between Business Analysts and IT technical team,
Develops sizing estimates for project requests and determines feasibility of implementing new systems or modifying existing systems
Documents complex system requirements and oversees documentation of the technical solution for the most complex systems.
Supports the development of technical specifications and provides ongoing assistance and consultation to software developers and software testing engineers to resolve problems to ensure that the applications software meets the client’s requirements.
Manages, tracks, and communicates status of technical requirements documentation. Manages changes to baseline technical requirements documentation. Works closely with Application Developers to help create proofs of concept and alternative solutions to create, maintain and enhance business value. Educates Business Analysts and stakeholders about the underlying capabilities of the technology stack and helps developers understand the business impacts of technical decisions.
Performs team administrative duties including status reporting. Assists manager or supervisor with other administrative tasks as requested.
Provides ongoing client support for technical system questions and problems; serves as subject matter expert for designated systems; analyzes and researches more complex system problems, coordinating with vendors and other parties as necessary, and tracks them to resolution; develops, documents, and communicates alternative workarounds for system defects until system solutions can be implemented. Supports the installation of software releases, including critical and emergency installs. Provides ongoing assistance to software developers and testers to resolve more complex defects during the development and testing process. Tracks and manages open technical solution issues and plans for their resolution. As needed, develops and executes test plans and documents test results.
Required Experience, Skills & Abilities:
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or relevant work experience in systems analysis/design and 6+ years of direct Systems Analyst experience.
• Advanced understanding of business processes related to systems supported.
Recognized as true systems subject matter expert (EDI, X12 Tibco )
• Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience with current relevant
technologies used in the development, implementation, and support of software
solutions. (e.g.., Pega, Tibco, Amberpoint, Webservices, XML, X12,Oracle
SQL, MQ Series, Java, C++, etc)
• Experience in accurately modeling requirements using at least three or more of the
following: State Diagrams, System Context Diagrams, User Interface Prototype, Activity
Diagram, Workflow Diagrams, External Interface Diagrams, Dataflow Diagrams.
• Experience with complex systems projects. Includes demonstrated experience with
development of technical solutions and technical specification documentation.
Demonstrated ability to lead projects with limited prior system/business knowledge of
• Demonstrated leadership skills. Experience with coaching/mentoring other
associates as well as leading small teams of junior analysts.
• Demonstrated experience in systems design with working knowledge of multiple
• Strong understanding of systems solution architecture and data architecture
processes and practices.
• Experience with the health insurance industry.
• Experience with the development, implementation, and maintenance of large-scale
systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms.
• Experience with business analysis and requirements (business, user, and
technical – functional/non-functional) development and management) processes and
• Experience with software testing and/or defect tracking and testing tools.
• Experience with relational databases, to include development of queries and reports.
• Prior experience as an application programmer or developer.
• Prior experience with project management and/or project management software.
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
Two years minimum working knowledge related to X12 Companion Guide
Three years minimum experience with X12 transactions sets (834/835/837/837D.