- Setup & configure Hadoop HDFS environment.
- Code in machine learning language, Mahout.
- Map Reduce and provide recommendations.
- Code in Java, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Solr and Hbase.
- Provide recommendations for Big Data design.
- Setup and maintain documentation, policies and standards.
- Provide strategic direction, evaluation and recommendation of Big Data products.
- Mentor junior members of the Big Data team.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Information Systems or related fields.
- 3+ years of Hadoop experience.
- Must have experience in Mahout, Map Reduce & Java.
- Good to have experience in Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Hbase & Solr.
- Minimum of 10 year of experience in Oracle databases.
- Expert level skills in SQL & Shell scripting.
- Experience in Linux operating systems.
- Experience in Speech to Text conversion will be a plus.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work effectively at multiple levels of the organization and with multiple project teams.
- Solid prioritization and project management skills.
- Self-motivated with strong team and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong evidence of initiative and follow-through.