HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
When was the last time you were given meaningful work and opportunities to impact your organization positively?
At GCIT Solutions, we are keen on helping our employees succeed, by helping them reach a new level of quality, mastery, progress, and excellence in their work. We are looking for a “difference making” attitude, who can regularly see problems as opportunities and make a positive difference on the job.
The HR Generalist will support the HR Department in our Fairfax office. This role provides support to Human Resources and Marketing as needed including but not limited to new hire orientations, terminations, benefits management, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry, office supply and maintenance coordination, Immigration documentation, and residential property management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct benefits orientations and explain benefits self-enrollment system.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, dental and vision, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
- Maintain employee benefits filing systems and ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies and maintain statistical data relative to premiums, claims and costs. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Submits the online investigation request and assists with new employee background checks using E-verify and InfoCubic systems.
- Maintain all employees’ files in our HRIS, ensuring completeness and accuracy of all paperwork and documentation.
- Preparing offer packets, benefit packets and other employee related information.
- Administer compensation, performance reviews and terminations.
- Conducts new hire presentations, completes onboarding process to include I-9, W4, Direct Deposit Forms and Code of Conduct.
- Respond to internal and external HR related enquiries or request and provide assistance.
- Responsible for credit card purchases when directed and maintains files related to all purchase card transactions.
- Works with our legal team in immigration related documentation (OPT, H1B’s, GC).
- Offer proactive recruiting assistance.
- Assist and support the marketing team, according to their needs and requirements.
- Manage year-end employee W-2 and employer ACA reporting.
- MS Office Proficient (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Expertise in HR policies and procedures.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with multiple time frames.
- Previous experience with HRIS systems and timekeeping systems strongly preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends when required.
- May supervise up to 2 employees.
Education and/or experience:
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
- Current Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related business degree or equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- Two to five years progressive Human Resources experience required.
Who we are? We are amongst the 500 fastest growing companies in the US and the 7th fastest growing IT services company in the state of Virginia according to Inc. 5000 Magazine.
We have: What other companies don’t, great leaders, new challenges, positive communication, loyal employees and a fun and joyful workplace.
We need: YOU! Self-starter, efficient, professional, punctual, reliable, and most importantly someone who can help our organization achieve its goals.
If you think you have what it takes to make a positive impact in our organization, please send your resume.
Click Here to Apply