Business analyst with knowledge with the Fixed Income business within the IT department in charge of Front office pricing risk and market access technologies.
Our main clients are Traders, sales and e-business.
The position will be in the FIC team, working on various fixed incometrading applications.
The Client Trading and Technology (CTT) Fixed Income team develops software for price/inventory publication, inquiry management and straight through processing of electronic trades with various external electronic trading systems such as Bloomberg, Tradeweb, BrokerTec, Trad-X, MarketAxess, etc. The position involves working closely with both the front office and trading system development teams to provide solutions to sales and trading desks. Candidates will be exposed to e-trading functions including streaming prices, trade STP, electronic trade execution, order management, and market depth aggregation. The candidate might also be exposed to advanced trading techniques such as intelligent auto-quoting and order routing, automatic hedging and automated trading strategies.
Works with business partners within one business function to align technology solutions with business strategies. Demonstrates an informed knowledge of a business area to resolve problems on an ongoing basis.
Responsible for the collection, analysis and documentation of a client’sbusiness requirements.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Planning sessions with a client to implement process improvement within an assigned client area. Generally involves using and improving information systems. Documents discussion and agreements.
- Establishes liaison relationship with business partners in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Understands client’s priorities of projects and requests. Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to prioritize immediate business needs and recommends options, risks and cost vs. benefits.
- Conducts feasibility studies and drafts proposals for evaluation by appropriate users and managers. Develops and assists in the presentation of business cases.
- Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements for the implementation of business solutions. Procures technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
- Develops user test cases and validates test results during user acceptance testing.
- Investigates, resolves and escalates problems.
- Promotes an understanding of IT roles, processes and activities to thebusiness units.
- Supports formal reporting of project status.
Typical requirements could be the enhancement of the e-trading platform to support a new type of security, or the expansion of the platform to support a new electronic market or internal trading desk.
Capabilities – Required Qualification
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate to a wide range of clients.
- Rigorous, Dynamic, detail oriented, fast learning capacity and able to work in a high pressure environment
- Knowledge of Interest Rate derivative product lifecycle workflow
- Knowledge of Fixed Income products and markets including UST, When Issue securities, Agency Debt, TIPS, and Corporate Bonds, IRS
- Knowledge in Commercial and/or Investment Banking such as commercial credit facility, capital markets (fixed income, derivatives and foreign exchange)
- Must be able to interact with a variety of clients and support staff – traders, middle office, development, infrastructure, etc.
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working in a very dynamic environment, with rapidly changing priorities.
- Analytics skills
- Project management skills
- Algorithmic skills
- Knowledge of trading and brokerage operations – front to back
- Knowledge of derivative product lifecycle workflow
- Ability to analyze complex workflow methodologies and make process re-engineering automation recommendations.
- Able to provide accurate estimation of work effort, and effective status to management as well as clients
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Software development lifecycle knowledge
- Basic SQL Knowledge
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Financial Repository experience
- Regulatory reporting knowledge
- MS Office Suite, Project Management tool
- XML Knowledge
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies