|Title||Sr. Big Data Engineer|
The Senior Software Engineer will lead a software engineering team that is responsible for leveraging the content and capabilities of our growing Hadoop based platform to address unmet business needs.
This is a hands-on position that leverages Web and Big Data technologies in our Cloud-based architectures as well as in-house datacenters.
The Senior Software Engineer provides engineering leadership for one or more concurrent software development projects executed by small software development teams (about 5-10 people), from the conception of the project up to the deployment of the solutions.
The key activities for this position include:
- Lead a team of software engineers.
- Develop self-contained micro-analytics on a Hadoop based platform.
- Develop product features and fixes following an Agile methodology.
- Participate on bi-weekly sprint planning meetings, daily scrum meetings, and bi-weekly sprint close up meetings.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional software engineering experience developing enterprise grade applications that take advantage of Big Data related technologies.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional software engineering experience architecting and developing cloud based solutions.
- Minimum of 3 years leading a team of software engineers.
- Proficiency in LINUX, UNIX and Windows operating systems and related scripting languages – Ruby, Python, Shell scripting.
- Proficiency in Agile, phased delivery and evolutionary prototyping software development processes and related tools – Jira, git.
- Proficiency in Java Web Development and related tools – Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA, Maven, JBoss Application Server, Apache Web Server.
- Familiarity with database design and basic proficiency in T-SQL or PL/SQL or MySQL
- Proficiency with implementing software solutions that leverage cloud services – like AWS, S3, EC2, Puppet, Cloud Formation, SWF, etc.
- Proficiency with modern technologies related to Big Data processing (Hadoop, HIVE, Accumulo, Zookeeper, Lucene, Scoop, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate technical and non-technical information verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of professionals globally.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple competing projects and needs.